Oh, here we go…
Another year has come and gone. 2016 came, as for many, with deep hardships and sweet victories.
If I post on this day for the rest of my life, I will say it again and again and again – New Year’s Eve is my fav holiday! There is something about closing out a year, and celebrating the birth of a fresh start. Clean slate. AND THANK YOU GOD FOR IT #amirightoramiright?!
I don’t know about you, but I am NOT in the business of relieving things over and over and over again and wishing things “as they once were” when there are NEW paths, NEW roads, NEW adventures that await us when we move forward!
NYE does something to my heart – my soul is relieved that what took place in 2016 will be put to bed, and the great hope of newness and freshness for the year to come.
I am a firm believer that we take into the new year what we decide to bring. The good and the bad. The healthy and the unhealthy. The light and the dark. The regrets and the redeemed. It is our choice.
My encouragement to you is just that. It’s your choice what you bring in 2017. No one else’s, but yours.
Here are some things I learned in 2016:
- God is for me.
- God can do anything. For real yall – ANYTHING.
- The Kingdom of God is on the move. Just like Aslan. 😉
- Our spiritual leadership or leadership, in general, is put in our life for a reason. HONOR IT. Whether they are good leaders or bad leaders, you learn a lot about how you want to lead.
- Selfishness kills vision and gets you off the train.
- Gossip will get you in hot water – nothing looks worse on a person who cannot control their mouth. #preachintomyself
- Be quick to repent. It’s okay to say you are not okay – it’s how you GET okay!
- Ask for help. No one likes a know-it-all.
- Honor is being honest with the ones you love. Even when it might hurt them for a minute.
- Singleness is not a problem, issue, or a weird thing that makes you feel like something is wrong with you. It’s a time to LIVE YOUR LIFE! Also, #preachintomyself
- Also, wanting to be married does NOT mean you are pathetic or wimpy. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY! #blessthatman #whoeverheis
- Casseroles are gross. Ask my sister. #fail
- Traveling cost a lot of money. A lot a lot a lot of money.
- Planning to travel a year in advance helps you save said a lot a lot a lot of money. #DISNEYWORLDHEREWECOMEDANGIT
- Have people over for dinner – it is so fun!
- Stay up late and live your life – you are young!
- Reading makes your life richer.
- Working out is important #unfortunately
- Do not be afraid or apologize for the way God made you. #blessthismess
- Question to constantly ask myself – “am I building it or am I killing it”? Kingdom, team, self, dream, heart, finances, relationships, etc.
- Costa Rican strawberries are UNREAL.
- Dream bigger
- Ask God the hard questions – He already knows it anyway.
- SPIT IT OUT + CRY IT OUT. Makes you feel LOADS better.
- JUST DO YOUR BEST. Takes the pressure to be perfect off. #breathewoman
- “I am no better” – judgment is a waste of time.
- Harry Potter is STILL the bomb.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas is still the best movie! #holidaywhobiewhaty?
- Overthinking KILLS you. Don’t do it.
- Discipleship up and down is LIFE-GIVING
- Everyone in their lifetime HAS to go to the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis. #NEVERTHESAME
- NEWFOUND LOVE FOR THE KING #Elvis
- Cooking is an outlet for creativity. #givemeallthefoods
- What you speak/think over yourself has the power to make or break you.
- If I didn’t break it, I cannot fix it #redemptionbook – GET YOURS TODAY, HERE 🙂
- Grace and freedom are mine if I choose to TAKE it. It’s freely given, but I have to accept it.
- Adele can and will make you weep in her presence. #stillrollinginthedeep
- ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A YEAR – BELIEVE YOU ME! HAVE HOPE!
What are some things you learned in 2016?
Coming soon… 2017 goals! #TCB2017 🙂